Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #20 - YouTube

This is really a neat site. I looked at commercials and other things. I really like it.
The video that I choose to link here was about the band Journey. It is an interview with the band and their newest lead singer, Arnel Pineda. The band was looking for a new singer and one of the members was surfing You Tube one night and came across a video of Ariel singing some of Journeys songs and could not believe his ears. He contacted the singer and the rest is history. It is a neat story of how a singer in a tribute band is discovered from the Philippines and becomes the lead singer of the real rock band Journey here in the United States. I loved this band when I was in college and have bought the new CD with Arnel singing. It is unbelievable the uncanny resemblance of his voice to the original singer Steve Perry. The story is neat and makes you feel that anything is possible! Don't stop believing!!!!
I think that the site would be good for the library if the students would use it to really spice up and be creative with presentations. I think most would use it correctly but I don't know how the library would filter all the junk out.

1 comment:

Wendy's Wanderings said...

We have something in common. I too am a journey fan and heard about the new singer. I didn't know his story though. How good is that for Journey fans?