Tuesday, July 22, 2008

#15 Wikis

I really liked the wiki site Wikis in Plain English to explain what a wiki is. It let you know how easy one can really be and how it could be better than email.
Playing around in the sandbox was interesting. Reading different opinions and adding your own for others to see how you feel also lets you see that others do have your opinion and makes you think in ways that you may not have about the subject. I commented on the 2.0 aspect and really do think this is our future. In the math dept. we already use smart boards to present and create our lessons. We are still learning but the process of learning something new has sparked a new level of teaching for me. We do not use our books very often and do not issue them unless a student does not have internet access at home. They can gain access at home to their book when needed. This PFK online class is also icing on the cake. I really like what I have been learning and hope that I can incorporate at least a few new things this coming year.

No comments: