Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #18 - My Space

I really took a long time with this one. I have been leery of making an account in the past but here is my space account. I had some difficulty with the site at first. While trying to make an account when verifying it was acting weird and I had to do this several time before it would take the code. Then when I tried adding friends the ones that I do know they have to accept you and I have sent them invitations but have not received any responses. Adding pictures was easy. I just added a couple from vacation and might add more later. I don't know if I will use this account much but you never know. Being at the high school level I will have to talk with a couple of teachers that have made sites just for their students and see how it has gone this past year. Oh well I guess that I am showing my age now!
I think seeing how the students communicate is important but having a family and the busy schedule that we have I don't know if I would keep up with it as much as some of the younger kids or adults do.

1 comment:

Wendy's Wanderings said...

I teach 5th grade and have a personal site and one for students. Whatever you do, make your personal site private so that if you do have adult friends who don't understand you're a teacher (like me) and have to watch your MySpace page, at least you're covered. Once your students find out you have a page, they will add you so don't worry. I leave my student site public since I don't have anything to hide.