Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thing #14 flow charts and mind maps

Wow I didn't know these things existed out there for free. I think that I am going to try and use Gliffy for a small project that is in the geometry curriculum. The students have to arrange a floor plan with certain types of furniture and they could use this site to do it! The other site that I looked at was mindmeister. The first thing that came to my mind was I could use it on showing quadrilaterals and all their properties when we discussed this topic. I could let the students take turns typing in info and then print it for all of them. This kind of gets the blood flowing for wanting school to start! ... but lets not get ahead of ourselves! ha ha. I just came off of a two week vacation in Florida and am nice and rested!! :)

1 comment:

mathteachermrsb said...

Thanks for the web site for your geometry lesson. I too am a math teacher and I teach a lesson similar to that one. This idea will help make their finished product more appealing.